This year, our state legislature is in session. This is an important legislative session, as Lt. Governor Dan Patrick has made education a “priority.” This means pushing private school vouchers, using the new TEA A-to-F accountability system to brow-beat districts, schools, and school employees, and much, much more. We hope you are ALL IN to stand up for our kids and community, our public schools, and our profession!
There are a multitude of ways to get involved:
- Sign up to go to Lobby Day, which will be on March 13 (Monday of Spring Break). Send your form to our Alliance office via “pony.”
- Sign up for the Texas AFT Legislative Hotline and the TSTA Briefing for clear, concise reviews of current events, legislation, and important issues.
- Track education-related bills with the TSTA bill tracker.
- Join thousands of public school employees on the second Thursday of the month February–May from 5:30-6:30 p.m. to hear from key lawmakers and policy experts as we discuss important legislative issues in real time on the Texas AFT Tele-Town Hall. Sign up at www.texasaft.org/TownHall and we will call you.
- Sign up for text message alerts on pressing issues by texting the word “TEXAS” to 69238 on your mobile cell phone. (Texas AFT does not charge for this service, but normal data and message rates may apply.)