Something unprecedented is happening in San Antonio – a celebration of the work done in public school districts. All 15 of San Antonio’s independent school districts have united in support of a campaign to bring awareness to the facts about the life-changing things happening in our public schools – the work that you do day in and day out. To our knowledge, nowhere else in the country is this sort of united approach being taken by a group of superintendents. The campaign is co-chaired by Josue Robles, CEO of USAA, Kim Bowers, CEO of CST Brands, and Chris Nielsen, President of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Texas. Check out the website at www.WeGoPublic.com. You can also like Go Public on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
The Go Public website highlights positives from each of the local districts as well as focusing on overall positives about public schools:
- That they promote a sense of community.
- That they have the best, most experienced teachers.
- That they have active, engaged learning.
- That they have great extracurricular activities that help kids build confidence and character as well as channel their talents and passions.
- That they have a diverse student population that helps to prepare kids for the real world.
Sport the Go Public magnet on your automobile and get involved in spreading the word about the good things happening for kids in our public schools.