Union members built this country, and our dedication keeps it running. To celebrate the folks that make America possible, Union Plus is bringing Labor Day back to its roots. Its time to show our appreciation, and cook up a little fun in the process.
Union members should head to UnionPlus.org/Contest to vote for their favorite labor hero. In honor of our heritage, and to make Labor Day even more awesome, three union members who vote and enter will be rewarded with $500. Dont wait too long to enter, because this sweepstakes ends Saturday, September 12, 2015.
Head to UnionPlus.org/Contest, and vote for one of these labor heroes!
- Cesar Chavez: Inspirational labor leader and co-founder of the United Farm Workers.
- Eugene V. Debs: Tireless labor leader who founded the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW).
- Samuel Gompers: First and longest-serving American Federation of Labor (AFL) president.
- Mary Mother Jones: Fearless organizer of Mine Workers once labeled the most dangerous woman in America.
- Lucy Parsons: Fought for workers rights during the oppressive industrial system of 19th century Chicago.
- Frances Perkins: The first woman cabinet member who served as Secretary of Labor for 12 years.
- Philip Randolph: Organized the first predominantly black labor union, the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters.
- Walter Reuther: Won unmatched benefits for workers as United Auto Workers president from 1946 to 1970.
Thanks for playing, and lets make the best Monday ever even better.