At its January meeting, the SAISD Policy/Administrative Procedures Review Committee discussed the procedure on field trips and out-of-school activities.
Issues discussed included:
- pre-approved trips not being expedited,
- the need for more trips to be added to the
- the need to clarify how far in advance
principals must submit field trips requests to the LEDs,
- the need for a time limit for LEDs to
approve or disapprove the trip,
- the number of forms with redundant
information that have to be submitted,
- outside groups being allowed to take
students on trips within the five day window before state testing, and
- non-tested grades not being allowed to
take field trips on state testing days even thought it might be beneficial to
have them off campus on those days.
Discussion will continue at the next meeting.